You may wonder if it’s important that you bring your children in for fluoride treatments or if this is not really necessary. From our perspective as dental professionals, this is a fantastic way to help your children avoid problems with the development of cavities and to grow very strong, healthy teeth! It can even help with teeth that have experienced very early signs of decay. Still curious about some of the details? Begin learning more with a quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: We only suggest fluoride treatments for kids whose teeth seem like they’re not very healthy.
- True or False: When you bring your child in to see us to receive fluoride in our practice, that means that you no longer need to use fluoridated toothpaste at home.
- True or False: It’s impossible to figure out how much fluoride your children are getting, so we will just hope that providing them with a treatment won’t result in too much.
- False. We suggest fluoride treatments for most children. We do not typically view fluoride as something to use as a last resort. Instead, it’s a treatment that can help preventively keep children’s teeth strong and healthy.
- False. Think of treatments as an extra protective boost. You will still need to use fluoridated toothpaste for your children (and yourself!) every day to ensure teeth remain strong and free of decay.
- False. We can easily determine whether your children’s smiles will benefit from a treatment of fluoride at our practice. We only provide them if they are necessary and advantageous for your child’s oral health.
See Our Team For Fluoride Treatments
Keep kids’ smiles healthy and free of decay with care from our practice. Ready for a fluoride treatment? Come on in! Schedule a visit with your Dallas, TX children’s dentist, Dr. Marr at Pediatric Dental Care at Casa Linda by calling 214-321-4880. We proudly welcome patients from Dallas, TX, and all surrounding communities, including Casa Linda, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Forest Hills, East Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Richardson, and more.