Accidents happen that may lead to a dental emergency. We understand and want you and your child to feel at ease. That is why we offer same-day emergency appointments on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We recommend you contact 911 or visit an emergency room if your child is suffering from a serious medical issue.
However, if your child is experiencing issues such as a broken tooth, a chipped tooth, a dislodged tooth, or severe discomfort or swelling in or around a tooth, please contact us so we can schedule an appointment for your child.
Ways to Prepare for a Dental Emergency Visit
Strive to keep your child comfortable and at ease as much as possible. Follow these suggestions for specific emergencies.
- Bleeding: Have your child hold a clean gauze or piece of fabric over the bleeding area, applying pressure until it stops bleeding.
- Broken Tooth: Gather as many pieces of the tooth as you can and put them in a sealed container. Bring the pieces with you when you visit us.
- Dislodged Tooth: Rinse the tooth under lukewarm water and try to keep any tissue attached to it. Place the tooth in a sealed container filled with milk or salt water. Bring the tooth with you when you visit us.
- Pain or Swelling: Place a cold pack over the affected area to reduce swelling and discomfort. An over-the-counter children’s pain reliever may also be taken.
- Something Stuck Between the Teeth: Try to gently remove the stuck item with dental floss. If that doesn’t work, stop trying, and wait for your visit with us.
Schedule Emergency Dentistry Treatments With Us
We can help when you need same-day dental emergency treatments for your child. To learn more, or to schedule a visit, contact our office at 214-321-4880. We proudly welcome patients from Dallas, TX, and all surrounding communities, including Garland, Mesquite, Richardson, and more.