Smile Smart Holiday Tips!
The holidays are a cozy, snuggly, carefree, fun time when you’ve got kids at home! However, they’re also a time when you find yourself feeling a little frazzled when it comes to monitoring everyone’s sugar intake. How to make this time of year exciting without overloading everyone, kids and adults included, with the usual confectionary go-tos? Actually, protecting smile health while you have fun is fairly easy!
Want to share in the fun and get ready for Christmas but you don’t want to go crazy with the sugar? Skip the cookies and the candies, etc., and stick with a color scheme while you consider healthier options to promote smile health. Kids love to play with food and to have a little fun with color! Let’s say you choose classic red and green:
- Chop up red and green bell peppers (and any other veggies) as a snack
- Reach for red and green apples if you’re in the mood for fruit
- Get extra creative and organize your finger foods into a festive shape (such as a Christmas tree) before eating
Your kids are going to love everything that they unwrap and pull from their stocking, so why not include stuff that promotes smile health, while you’re at it? This is easier than it sounds and can actually be pretty fun! Think about anything that your little one could use for optimal oral health:
- Find a cool toothbrush as a stocking stuffer
- Seek out yummy or crazy flavored toothpastes
- Add an electric toothbrush to your child’s dental hygiene routine!
- Toss lip balm into the mix for older kids, so their lips stay comfy this winter
Enjoy Smile Smart Fun For Holiday Time!
Short on good ideas for oral health but full of enthusiasm for the holiday season? We are always happy to share some suggestions for a smile-safe, nice time. Schedule a visit with your Dallas, TX children’s dentist, Dr. Marr at Pediatric Dental Care at Casa Linda by calling 214-321-4880. We proudly welcome patients from Dallas, TX, and all surrounding communities, including Casa Linda, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Forest Hills, East Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Richardson, and more.filed under: Family Dentistry, Tips/Advice