When you’re looking at your little one’s smile, you have a hard time coming up with anything that is even nearly as cute! As a result, you want to do anything and everything you can to protect those little teeth and that adorable grin. So, what to do? You might find yourself unsure about whether baby teeth are fine on their own or if they require just as much attention and dental care as permanent teeth. In short: The first set of teeth most certainly requires both home and professional care, too! Let’s review the details with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Baby teeth need both care at home with brushing and flossing, as well as care at our practice with cleanings and checkups.
- True or False: Since the first set of teeth is going to fall out, it’s a good idea to care for them but you don’t need to worry about fillings if decay develops.
- True or False: We will be happy to see your child to offer dental care throughout the years when primary (baby) teeth are present. After that, however, it will be time for an adult dental practice.
- True. Baby teeth needs are similar to the needs of permanent teeth. They require dedicated dental hygiene on a daily basis at home in addition to professional cleanings and checkups.
- False. It is absolutely essential that this first set of teeth is kept in exceptional condition. If not, damage may negatively impact permanent teeth, leading to problems with the next set of teeth.
- False. We are here for your kids from baby years all the way through the age of 18! Bring us their smiles throughout their entire childhoods for the utmost in care!
Protect Young Smiles With Daily And Long-Term Care
Come see us for all of the care your child needs to enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile. Schedule a visit with your Dallas, TX children’s dentist, Dr. Marr at Pediatric Dental Care at Casa Linda by calling 214-321-4880. We proudly welcome patients from Dallas, TX, and all surrounding communities, including Casa Linda, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Forest Hills, East Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Richardson, and more.